BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Went to the dealer today and cancelled the

14K views 80 replies 25 participants last post by  Fbto 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Close!! I cancelled my bird in the hand and went back on my waiting list for the competition! Go big or go home. Decided I want the competition or nothing. So 2 in the bush! Took the risk. Might end up with nothing! But willing to take the risk!!

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#13 ·
Bad picture. It's not the S, it's the C

#14 ·
Another thing, the S wheels are powdercoated and have a HP4 logo on it. The S is painted with no logo.

#25 ·
OP. I think its just a matter of time on when u can get it. As least this is what my dealer told me that production time frame are til 2014.

I worked roughly the cost of turning my base model into comp package (or close to it),

Wheel painted $500
All carbon $2500 (for this price u can get full carbon right? So it should be way less than 2500)
Levers $500
Rearset $800
Stickers $200?
Total: 4500 exactly what dealer charge for comp pack....

And i still get to keep all original parts for sale or my own use in case i go down.

Hope my math works out good :p

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#27 ·
Just did some looking around, just the bottom piece, which is a special carbon piece for the hp4, it's not the same as a HP lower fairing, the hp4's is a lot longer, well anyway it's over $2500 alone.

So there is close to $5k just in carbon on the comp hp4.

#31 ·
Comp wheels look painted. Don't know the diff to anodized. And the std wheels are dull and powdercoated with a hp4 logo. Will get more pics tomorrow.

#33 ·
Well, I cancelled my cancel! Just signed for my HP4 standard. Triple number 162!!

I have more pics, will post tonight! I can take the bike now, but too nasty. Maybe soon.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motorcycle fairing

#34 ·
Well, I cancelled my cancel! Just signed for my HP4 standard. Triple number 162!!

I have more pics, will post tonight! I can take the bike now, but too nasty. Maybe soon.

View attachment 10704

Glad to hear. I was worried you would end up with nothing. You WILL be able to upgrade it to the competition just by adding a few parts....no biggie.

I would take the bike now....just park it in your living room to stare at for the winter like I do!

#35 ·
Yes, the VINs are the same. Comp is only a package. Just cosmetic. Don't need the bling. Now I have a $4k budget to play with.

#42 ·
- vins are diff. Mine is a comp. I saw yours posted up in a thread when u were first taking the standard. I don't have my bike yet, but do have the vin and mine had a "C" where yours had a diff letter.. I forget what yours was.. maybe s or somethin else, but a remember noticing the -c in mine.
So no fooling savy dealers by trying to make a standard a comp by adding parts.

#37 ·
I know I have mental issues, but that's all good. Picked and signed. This is the actual bike!

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

#39 ·
Yes, the undertails are the same on both versions. Not carbon.

#40 ·
Hmmmm, thanks, I wonder what the hell the BMW site is talking about then,

When I go to the BMW motorcycle site, and click, sport, then hp4, then competition it states a license late holder in HP carbon, what would that be?

#41 ·
Maybe it is different in the US, but here they tail section that holds the plate and turn signal are the same.

Funny, both the comps that were sold opted for not putting on the stickers.

I told them to install the HP sticker on the tank for mine.

#44 ·
Maybe in Canada..

In the USA, the comp only gets the engraving on the trees, and with only 150 comps in US, they will hold value greater.

I also can tell you vins will be different in to, dealers are not going to be fooled by making a standard a comp, this is a very exclusive bike, they will make sure you can tell them apart.

Just like on the ducati's, you can vin check a standard model vs a S or a tricolor, or like old cars when you de-code the vin for ss packages or others.

#50 ·
Maybe in Canada..

In the USA, the comp only gets the engraving on the trees, and with only 150 comps in US, they will hold value greater.
All the HP4 bikes have the triple stamp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.