Went to the dealer today and cancelled the - Page 7 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 81 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Senior Member
 
wattsy_rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 371
Congrats Fbto...my personal opinion, you did the right thing by getting the
HP4. From what I'm hearing down under the sharks are starting to circle for anything and anyone who hasn't signed probably won't get an HP4 Or Comp. All the Comps were sold within a week and 3 people who haven't received them have already paid in full for their Comps.

Mate, when you're riding your bad boy, you won't give a rats bumhole whether it's a Comp or not. They both ride exactly the same. BTW, they all ride superbly!

I just wish I had mine now...
wattsy_rules is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 81 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Fbto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattsy_rules View Post
Congrats Fbto...my personal opinion, you did the right thing by getting the
HP4. From what I'm hearing down under the sharks are starting to circle for anything and anyone who hasn't signed probably won't get an HP4 Or Comp. All the Comps were sold within a week and 3 people who haven't received them have already paid in full for their Comps.

Mate, when you're riding your bad boy, you won't give a rats bumhole whether it's a Comp or not. They both ride exactly the same. BTW, they all ride superbly!

I just wish I had mine now...
Lol, thanks! I wish I was in Aussie weather so I could take mine out and ride it!! The roads have been salted, so not good to take her out. But I did get my last ride on my old bike yesterday.

I will just live through all you warm weather peeps until the spring.

If I had a warm garage for her, I would bring her home and make vroom vroom sounds. But I guess I can use this time to read the riders manual and look at my slick mode key.

2013 BMW HP4 #2710
2013 BMW HP4 #0162 (STOLEN JUNE 17, 2014!!!)
2010 MB C63 AMG PERF PLUS (For Sale! )
2005 HONDA CR125 (Sold)
2003 SUZUKI GSXR 600 - track toy (For Sale!)
Fbto is offline  
post #63 of 81 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbto View Post
Lol, thanks! I wish I was in Aussie weather so I could take mine out and ride it!! The roads have been salted, so not good to take her out. But I did get my last ride on my old bike yesterday.

I will just live through all you warm weather peeps until the spring.

If I had a warm garage for her, I would bring her home and make vroom vroom sounds. But I guess I can use this time to read the riders manual and look at my slick mode key.
I'm telling you...bring her home and park that lady in the living room or kitchen or something.
metalhead is offline  
post #64 of 81 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Fbto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead View Post
I'm telling you...bring her home and park that lady in the living room or kitchen or something.
Trust me, I have considered that. Unfortunately, I live in a condo. It would be a bit tight getting it into the elevator.

2013 BMW HP4 #2710
2013 BMW HP4 #0162 (STOLEN JUNE 17, 2014!!!)
2010 MB C63 AMG PERF PLUS (For Sale! )
2005 HONDA CR125 (Sold)
2003 SUZUKI GSXR 600 - track toy (For Sale!)
Fbto is offline  
post #65 of 81 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Fbto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,355
So did you know, launch control only works in slick mode. And you can only do 3 consecutive starts to protect the clutch. The display gives you a count down of how many launches you have remaining. And DTC is automatically switched off. Just a little tid bit from page 98 of the riders manual!!

2013 BMW HP4 #2710
2013 BMW HP4 #0162 (STOLEN JUNE 17, 2014!!!)
2010 MB C63 AMG PERF PLUS (For Sale! )
2005 HONDA CR125 (Sold)
2003 SUZUKI GSXR 600 - track toy (For Sale!)
Fbto is offline  
post #66 of 81 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Senior Member
 
wattsy_rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbto View Post
So did you know, launch control only works in slick mode. And you can only do 3 consecutive starts to protect the clutch. The display gives you a count down of how many launches you have remaining. And DTC is automatically switched off. Just a little tid bit from page 98 of the riders manual!!
LOL!!! Thanks for the info re launch control. DTC is turned off until you change to 3rd or lean the bike more than 25deg(?), then it's switched back on.

So... will you need some good quality stain remover, soft cloth and some quality time at the dealer until you get to ride her??
wattsy_rules is offline  
post #67 of 81 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Fbto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattsy_rules View Post
LOL!!! Thanks for the info re launch control. DTC is turned off until you change to 3rd or lean the bike more than 25deg(?), then it's switched back on.

So... will you need some good quality stain remover, soft cloth and some quality time at the dealer until you get to ride her??
No body will be touching her! She will be put away somewhere private. Just for the two of us.

2013 BMW HP4 #2710
2013 BMW HP4 #0162 (STOLEN JUNE 17, 2014!!!)
2010 MB C63 AMG PERF PLUS (For Sale! )
2005 HONDA CR125 (Sold)
2003 SUZUKI GSXR 600 - track toy (For Sale!)
Fbto is offline  
post #68 of 81 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbto View Post

I will just live through all you warm weather peeps until the spring.

If I had a warm garage for her, I would bring her home and make vroom vroom sounds. But I guess I can use this time to read the riders manual and look at my slick mode key.
Ok- so I'm new to the whole S1000rr- Slick mode plug/key-
I'm under the assumption the S1000rr comes with some sort of special device "slick mode plug" I have to plug into the harmess to allow Slick Mode to be active.

Does the HP4 have the same exact thing? or Does it have a special"key" we use to allow it to go into Slick mode?

Sorry- just thinking if I'm driving 700miles this week to get mine- I better make sure I get everything from the dealer-
Twisted1 is offline  
post #69 of 81 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Fbto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,355
It has the same thing as the s1k for slick mode

2013 BMW HP4 #2710
2013 BMW HP4 #0162 (STOLEN JUNE 17, 2014!!!)
2010 MB C63 AMG PERF PLUS (For Sale! )
2005 HONDA CR125 (Sold)
2003 SUZUKI GSXR 600 - track toy (For Sale!)
Fbto is offline  
post #70 of 81 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Senior Member
 
RobTheBlackKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 201
Is BMW doing this to wind us up?
Delivering in December to Canadians who are up to their eyeballs in snow, but making us Aussies wait till who knows when?
Called in to my dealer again last night. Still no news from BM other than maybe end of Feb early March, I.e. just in time for the end of summer!


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
RobTheBlackKnight is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome