Went to the dealer today and cancelled the - Page 7 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW HP4 General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #61 (permalink)

Congrats Fbto...my personal opinion, you did the right thing by getting the
HP4. From what I'm hearing down under the sharks are starting to circle for anything and anyone who hasn't signed probably won't get an HP4 Or Comp. All the Comps were sold within a week and 3 people who haven't received them have already paid in full for their Comps.

Mate, when you're riding your bad boy, you won't give a rats bumhole whether it's a Comp or not. They both ride exactly the same. BTW, they all ride superbly!

I just wish I had mine now...
wattsy_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattsy_rules View Post
Congrats Fbto...my personal opinion, you did the right thing by getting the
HP4. From what I'm hearing down under the sharks are starting to circle for anything and anyone who hasn't signed probably won't get an HP4 Or Comp. All the Comps were sold within a week and 3 people who haven't received them have already paid in full for their Comps.

Mate, when you're riding your bad boy, you won't give a rats bumhole whether it's a Comp or not. They both ride exactly the same. BTW, they all ride superbly!

I just wish I had mine now...
Lol, thanks! I wish I was in Aussie weather so I could take mine out and ride it!! The roads have been salted, so not good to take her out. But I did get my last ride on my old bike yesterday.

I will just live through all you warm weather peeps until the spring.

If I had a warm garage for her, I would bring her home and make vroom vroom sounds. But I guess I can use this time to read the riders manual and look at my slick mode key.
2013 BMW HP4 #0162 (STOLEN JUNE 17, 2014!!!)
2010 MB C63 AMG PERF PLUS (For Sale! )
2005 HONDA CR125 (Sold)
2003 SUZUKI GSXR 600 - track toy (For Sale!)
Fbto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbto View Post
Lol, thanks! I wish I was in Aussie weather so I could take mine out and ride it!! The roads have been salted, so not good to take her out. But I did get my last ride on my old bike yesterday.

If I had a warm garage for her, I would bring her home and make vroom vroom sounds. But I guess I can use this time to read the riders manual and look at my slick mode key.
I'm telling you...bring her home and park that lady in the living room or kitchen or something.
metalhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead View Post
I'm telling you...bring her home and park that lady in the living room or kitchen or something.
Trust me, I have considered that. Unfortunately, I live in a condo. It would be a bit tight getting it into the elevator.
2005 HONDA CR125 (Sold)
Old 12-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #65 (permalink)

So did you know, launch control only works in slick mode. And you can only do 3 consecutive starts to protect the clutch. The display gives you a count down of how many launches you have remaining. And DTC is automatically switched off. Just a little tid bit from page 98 of the riders manual!!
2005 HONDA CR125 (Sold)
Old 12-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
So did you know, launch control only works in slick mode. And you can only do 3 consecutive starts to protect the clutch. The display gives you a count down of how many launches you have remaining. And DTC is automatically switched off. Just a little tid bit from page 98 of the riders manual!!
LOL!!! Thanks for the info re launch control. DTC is turned off until you change to 3rd or lean the bike more than 25deg(?), then it's switched back on.

So... will you need some good quality stain remover, soft cloth and some quality time at the dealer until you get to ride her??
wattsy_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattsy_rules View Post
LOL!!! Thanks for the info re launch control. DTC is turned off until you change to 3rd or lean the bike more than 25deg(?), then it's switched back on.

So... will you need some good quality stain remover, soft cloth and some quality time at the dealer until you get to ride her??
No body will be touching her! She will be put away somewhere private. Just for the two of us.
2005 HONDA CR125 (Sold)
Old 12-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:

Ok- so I'm new to the whole S1000rr- Slick mode plug/key-
I'm under the assumption the S1000rr comes with some sort of special device "slick mode plug" I have to plug into the harmess to allow Slick Mode to be active.

Does the HP4 have the same exact thing? or Does it have a special"key" we use to allow it to go into Slick mode?

Sorry- just thinking if I'm driving 700miles this week to get mine- I better make sure I get everything from the dealer-
Twisted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #69 (permalink)

It has the same thing as the s1k for slick mode
2005 HONDA CR125 (Sold)
Old 12-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #70 (permalink)

Is BMW doing this to wind us up?
Delivering in December to Canadians who are up to their eyeballs in snow, but making us Aussies wait till who knows when?
Called in to my dealer again last night. Still no news from BM other than maybe end of Feb early March, I.e. just in time for the end of summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
RobTheBlackKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement