Went to the dealer today and cancelled the - Page 5 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW HP4 General Discussion


» Insurance
» Sponsors
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #41 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Fbto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
Hmmmm, thanks, I wonder what the hell the BMW site is talking about then,

When I go to the BMW motorcycle site, and click, sport, then hp4, then competition it states a license late holder in HP carbon, what would that be?
Maybe it is different in the US, but here they tail section that holds the plate and turn signal are the same.

Funny, both the comps that were sold opted for not putting on the stickers.

I told them to install the HP sticker on the tank for mine.
__________________
2013 BMW HP4 #0162 (STOLEN JUNE 17, 2014!!!)
2010 MB C63 AMG PERF PLUS (For Sale! )
2005 HONDA CR125 (Sold)
2003 SUZUKI GSXR 600 - track toy (For Sale!)
Fbto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #42 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbto View Post
Yes, the VINs are the same. Comp is only a package. Just cosmetic. Don't need the bling. Now I have a $4k budget to play with.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
- vins are diff. Mine is a comp. I saw yours posted up in a thread when u were first taking the standard. I don't have my bike yet, but do have the vin and mine had a "C" where yours had a diff letter.. I forget what yours was.. maybe s or somethin else, but a remember noticing the -c in mine.
So no fooling savy dealers by trying to make a standard a comp by adding parts.
Twisted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #43 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Fbto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted1 View Post
- vins are diff. Mine is a comp. I saw yours posted up in a thread when u were first taking the standard. I don't have my bike yet, but do have the vin and mine had a "C" where yours had a diff letter.. I forget what yours was.. maybe s or somethin else, but a remember noticing the -c in mine.
So no fooling savy dealers by trying to make a standard a comp by adding parts.
There isn't an S or C on my vin. It is the same bike with extra stuck on pieces. Nothing to do with fooling anyone. An HP4 is an HP4. The comp is only a cosmetic package.

Like heated grips are an option, so are the comp pieces.
__________________
2013 BMW HP4 #0162 (STOLEN JUNE 17, 2014!!!)
2010 MB C63 AMG PERF PLUS (For Sale! )
2005 HONDA CR125 (Sold)
2003 SUZUKI GSXR 600 - track toy (For Sale!)
Fbto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #44 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Taylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 347
Default

Maybe in Canada..


In the USA, the comp only gets the engraving on the trees, and with only 150 comps in US, they will hold value greater.

I also can tell you vins will be different in to, dealers are not going to be fooled by making a standard a comp, this is a very exclusive bike, they will make sure you can tell them apart.

Just like on the ducati's, you can vin check a standard model vs a S or a tricolor, or like old cars when you de-code the vin for ss packages or others.
__________________
2010 Mineral Silver S1KRR-Sold
2012 Motosports. S1KRR-Sold
2013 HP4 Competition #0373-Sold
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #45 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbto View Post
There isn't an S or C on my vin. It is the same bike with extra stuck on pieces. Nothing to do with fooling anyone. An HP4 is an HP4. The comp is only a cosmetic package.

Like heated grips are an option, so are the comp pieces.
I found your post... Wanted to see the diff... My brain is not always that good...lol
So maybe the F - stand, C-comp or is it just a random chance my comp has a C

WB10D0105DZF91138/Standard/FBTO
WB10D1101DZC96608 /Comp/Twisted1

Ps.. wasn't trying to mean in a cruel way - fool. Just saying I think the vin shows the diff.
Twisted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #46 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Fbto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,950
Default

Either case, still awesome bikes. Not worried about exclusive or resale. I don't flip bikes every year. My trade in was a 10 yr old bike I bought new. Now for the next 10 years.

Congrats on your comp and to all bike owners in general!! Is it spring yet??
__________________
2013 BMW HP4 #0162 (STOLEN JUNE 17, 2014!!!)
2010 MB C63 AMG PERF PLUS (For Sale! )
2005 HONDA CR125 (Sold)
2003 SUZUKI GSXR 600 - track toy (For Sale!)
Fbto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #47 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbto View Post
Either case, still awesome bikes. Not worried about exclusive or resale. I don't flip bikes every year. My trade in was a 10 yr old bike I bought new. Now for the next 10 years.

Congrats on your comp and to all bike owners in general!! Is it spring yet??
---
Oh for sure man - I agree!
Hey..
Offer still open to bring your bike down here to Florida!
I got an extra room, plenty garage space, and warm weather!
Not very curvy... In the summer Fl stinks, but in the winter it rocks!

Congrats to all!
Twisted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #48 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Fbto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted1 View Post
I found your post... Wanted to see the diff... My brain is not always that good...lol
So maybe the F - stand, C-comp or is it just a random chance my comp has a C

WB10D0105DZF91138/Standard/FBTO
WB10D1101DZC96608 /Comp/Twisted1

Ps.. wasn't trying to mean in a cruel way - fool. Just saying I think the vin shows the diff.
According to this, that c and f is just a production number.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102071
__________________
2013 BMW HP4 #0162 (STOLEN JUNE 17, 2014!!!)
2010 MB C63 AMG PERF PLUS (For Sale! )
2005 HONDA CR125 (Sold)
2003 SUZUKI GSXR 600 - track toy (For Sale!)
Fbto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #49 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Fbto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted1 View Post
---
Oh for sure man - I agree!
Hey..
Offer still open to bring your bike down here to Florida!
I got an extra room, plenty garage space, and warm weather!
Not very curvy... In the summer Fl stinks, but in the winter it rocks!

Congrats to all!
Actually working on a plan to truck it south to TN and ride to FL. Get my first 1000 km out of the way.
__________________
2013 BMW HP4 #0162 (STOLEN JUNE 17, 2014!!!)
2010 MB C63 AMG PERF PLUS (For Sale! )
2005 HONDA CR125 (Sold)
2003 SUZUKI GSXR 600 - track toy (For Sale!)
Fbto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #50 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Fbto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
Maybe in Canada..


In the USA, the comp only gets the engraving on the trees, and with only 150 comps in US, they will hold value greater.
.
All the HP4 bikes have the triple stamp.
__________________
2013 BMW HP4 #0162 (STOLEN JUNE 17, 2014!!!)
2010 MB C63 AMG PERF PLUS (For Sale! )
2005 HONDA CR125 (Sold)
2003 SUZUKI GSXR 600 - track toy (For Sale!)
Fbto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
© S1000RRforum.com
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum