Hp4 power topped? - Page 5 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW HP4 General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattsy_rules View Post
J, apparently I was the 3rd person to put a deposit down in Australia...I'm still trying to find out who the other two were cos I want to stalk them given I put my deposit down within an hour of the bike going on sale.

Are you getting an HP4 or HP4 Comp?
Within an hour? Sounds like u camped outside of the bmw stealership lol. I dont know what number i am in the quene man. But what did u get except that blue sales agreement slip saying 'ETA: ASAP'? Should i be calling them to ask at least to check if my order is in the system?

I went for base. Cant see the need of all those carbon though it looks freaking nice indeed.

Hopefully no one wants base and i could get mine quick.:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Jskit is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
Is it possible to extract more power out of the hp4 through programming or removing restrictions?
I see that you don't waste any time!!!!! how much power do you needdddddd!!!!:
Welcome to the beast world!!!
queenmoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jskit View Post
Within an hour? Sounds like u camped outside of the bmw stealership lol. I dont know what number i am in the quene man. But what did u get except that blue sales agreement slip saying 'ETA: ASAP'? Should i be calling them to ask at least to check if my order is in the system?

I went for base. Cant see the need of all those carbon though it looks freaking nice indeed.

Hopefully no one wants base and i could get mine quick.:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Base is good!! I'd be just adding the extra bling eventually anyhow so figured "what the hell".

Re the timing, I kinda knew it was coming out and gave the dealer instructions to call me immediately he was informed. Others were obviously told as well and were quicker. B*****s!!!

Hhhmmmm...Southbank...How do I say this nicely...They're assholes!!

Give em a call and get them to confirm the order has been accepted by BMW Motorad. Get it in writing.
wattsy_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:58 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbto View Post
What about this??

http://eurocyclesoftampabay.com/2013...p4-first-ride/

In particular::

9. Stage 1, 2 and 3 race kits: So, you want to go racing? BMW offers three track-only levels of performance for the HP4 that are likely the best bang for your buck for aftermarket parts and support. All stages offer an increase in horsepower—201, 205 (AMA Pro SuperBike) and 212 (World Superbike)—along with the ability to fine-tune DDC, DTC, ABS, Launch Control and engine management corner-by-corner on the track. That should be enough to make your head spin! Good thing you also get access to BMW’s race-support staff to help with setup.
Congrats on getting the HP4, I tried to line one up here in Thailand for racing but couldn't get one so I settled for a 2012. From the research i've been doing these stage 1-3 race kits are for all the S1000RR and there should be a calibration kit 2 out in Feb 2013 that will give launch control to the 2012 model aswell. I actually have 2 engines coming with my bike, stage 1 & 2.

Stage 1- Superstock spec which is pretty much just blueprinted and timing adjusted plus kit gasket / 10,000euro

Stage 2- IDM & EWC Spec, polished & ported, higher compression, modified cams (modified airbox recommended) / ~13,000euro

Stage 3- WSBK, crank, cams, pistons, gearbox, etc / ~25,000euro

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Newf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenmoka View Post
I see that you don't waste any time!!!!! how much power do you needdddddd!!!!:
Welcome to the beast world!!!
Just need enough power to run with the HMFIC and HITMAN
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #46 (permalink)

Did notice as the dealer was still unwrapping mine that the exhaust does come with the insert installed. Here is a pic of what the insert looks like and it's held in place by one bolt as far as I can tell. Might be some "free" hp there, I don't know how they rated it. The muffler is definitely a straight-through design.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	10772  
the head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #47 (permalink)

nothing different between that and the Akrapovic full system exhausts that have been available since the bike was released. removing the db killer won't do much for power at all. the main power restriction on the HP4 is in the midpipe. you'll have to replace that with the basic unrestricted midpipe in the regular Akra full systems, and there's surely 5-10 more horsepower to be had with a PCV...the HP4's peak power is rated the same as stock, although I'll bet it dynos out a little higher.
2000 Ducati ST4 (sold)
2010 S1000RR (sold)
2007 F800S (sold)
kismetcapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #48 (permalink)

I'm leaving the cat in, I've come to hate the smell of unburnt hydrocarbons when I'm riding on the street. If someone starts to hand me my ass where I live then I'll do something.
Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #49 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
Is it possible to extract more power out of the hp4 through programming or removing restrictions?
There is a race kit available, not sure if the stage 1,2,or3 goes into the cases of the motor. I'm sure with the stages your warranty is definitely curtains.... I am getting my racekit installed on weds. then I will dyno it shortly after. They said they will remove the break in code with the new controll unit. Spring I will be getting the calibration unit and code.

2009 Merc CL63 PP3
Wanna see something really fast....
http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/k...0Passhires.mp4

Last edited by maddrama; 12-06-2012 at 11:18 AM.
maddrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #50 (permalink)
CYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddrama View Post
There is a race kit available, not sure if the stage 1,2,or3 goes into the cases of the motor. I'm sure with the stages your warranty is definitely curtains.... I am getting my racekit installed on weds. then I will dyno it shortly after. They said they will remove the break in code with the new controll unit. Spring I will be getting the calibration unit and code.
I am surprised you didn't get the additional fork travel sensor. That's probably one of the first things that I would consider upgrading, the DDC.
CYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement