Hp4 power topped? - Page 4 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW HP4 General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdill35 View Post
I wonder if guys trying to race these are gonna need the basic $2500 in suspension upgrades to run up front?

I'd imagine so.

So HP4 + suspension + 520 set up + bodywork and a few other odds and ends = $30k race bike. Win it or bin it! LOL

See you guys at Starbucks.. and on the message boards.
Oh man, I'm not worried.
Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 12:28 AM   #32 (permalink)

Oh bro.. you just knocked my teeth out..
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:01 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK View Post
... However, it absolutely is an upgraded s1k......that is quite obvious. The only thing on the HP4 you couldn't instantly go out and buy for your s1k right now is the DDC and Launch control, which I suspect will be the norm for s1k's in a couple years

Not knockin the HP, but c'mon now. The bikes have far more things in common than things they don't.
Seriously!!! I see, so now because you're not getting one "it's just the same as yours."

The frame is different than the 2013 S1RR. The Mapping for the motor, ABS and DTC is Different from the 2013 S1RR. The motor is upgradable to a WSBK spec, which is not available for the 2013 S1RR. The suspension is not available on the 2013 S1RR. The current HP4 comes standard with upgraded parts that are not available for the 2013 S1RR.

In 2 - 3 years you will be able to upgrade parts to make an S1RR similar to an HP4, but it will NEVER be an HP4 no matter how much you want it to be. Also, as much as you want the bits and pieces you can buy now to upgrade to an HP4, you will not.

Speak to anyone at any Motorad in the world and they will tell you this not even called an "S1000RR HP4"...It's actually called an "HP4".

I guess you're going to tell us next that the S1000RR's that are raced in the WSBK's and AMA are just like yours as well...

The HP4 is the bike that BMW is using to Homologate for racing with the big boys next year...Yep, you're right, based just on this your bike must be the same.
wattsy_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #34 (permalink)

Wattsy. Thank you for bringing light into this man's dark intentions
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:39 AM   #35 (permalink)

I'm excited to hear jimmyc's review when he gets his. At least it will be coming from someone that I know can ride.
bdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdill35 View Post
I'm excited to hear jimmyc's review when he gets his. At least it will be coming from someone that I know can ride.
The abundance of moto press reviews by current and former pro racers doesn't do it for ya?

The only negative comment I've read was Chris Ulrich's (Roadracing & Motorcycle Technology) comment about front rebound/damping tuning limitations which can be resolved with the " optional front fork potentiometer which plugs into the wiring harness allowing the circuits to be separated."
In spite of this issue, his conclusion: "....the best of the current crop of sportbikes on the market.

His review is the most neutral, balanced, least "gushy" review I've seen yet.
michaelnewmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #37 (permalink)

I'll be honest with you...I'm excited about reading ANY ride reviews from anyone whether they're Journalists, Racers or us...Owners who have bought one.

I love riding my 2011 S1RR because it is an awesome sportsbike, but I am like a little girl at Christmas when thinking about getting my HP4!

It just sucks that my bike isn't arriving in Australia until Dec 27th.

In the mean time ANYONE who gets theirs PLEASE post ride reviews so we can all share your experience.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #38 (permalink)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Motorcycle.com Free App
802452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #39 (permalink)

Wattsy, When did u put down ur deposit? I put mine like 2 weeks ago at southbank bmw melbourne. said minimum 3 months waiting. My god.... I want some nice christmas gift too but guess it is now a CNY gift or even easter lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by Jskit; 12-02-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Jskit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jskit View Post
Wattsy, When did u put down ur deposit? I put mine like 2 weeks ago at southbank bmw melbourne. said minimum 3 months waiting. My god.... I want some nice christmas gift too but guess it is now a CNY gift or even easter lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Motorcycle.com Free App
J, apparently I was the 3rd person to put a deposit down in Australia...I'm still trying to find out who the other two were cos I want to stalk them given I put my deposit down within an hour of the bike going on sale.

Are you getting an HP4 or HP4 Comp?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement