Hp4 power topped? - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW HP4 General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbto View Post
I thought there was HP kits at three levels to bump up power. Not that I would need such a thing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Maybe theres something bmw is not telling us??
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

The bike is fast enough as it is. Money is better spent on rider training. Thats where you can find the speed.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
The HP4 is going to pull more on the dyno than a S1000RR, due to the wheels being lighter and the exhaust giving it a few in midrange. I would guess we'll see a few more on top due to the lighter wheels.
The Akrapovic website shows the dyno between stock and the catted exhaust these are coming with as well. It shows 4hp up top with greater gains in the midrange. Coupled with what has already been mentioned, it should make more power. Maybe BMW is helping us from an insurance standpoint or just wants to be sneaky by underrating it.
the head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the head View Post
The Akrapovic website shows the dyno between stock and the catted exhaust these are coming with as well. It shows 4hp up top with greater gains in the midrange. Coupled with what has already been mentioned, it should make more power. Maybe BMW is helping us from an insurance standpoint or just wants to be sneaky by underrating it.
I'm wondering if BMW anticipated the gain and moved the cam timing to make same peak but more mid. I'm looking forward to seeing a dyno chart.
Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
The bike is fast enough as it is. Money is better spent on rider training. Thats where you can find the speed.
Well said!
2006 Kawi ZX6R (my first love) sold
2010 Kawi BruteForce 750i sold
2011 BMW 328XI
2011 BMW S1K Yellow
-ZGravity corsa w/s, Yoshi sliders, RG mirror blk offs, GB case svrs, CRG lvrs, Andreani Group 30mm kit, XBK5 pads, Woodcraft spools, stompgrips, Attack rearsets, Ohlins damper, Renthal sprockets, DIDERV3 chain 520 Conv, Full race Akrapovic SS w carbon hanger, BrenTuned
jhockey18aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #16 (permalink)

That's what I'm thinking.. with all those add ons I just can't chew that the hp4 makes the same power as the RR
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:55 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
+1

The HP4 spins up so fast 1000 - 7500RPM that it was eye opening, or as I was shouting in the helmet..."wholy F**K!!" I haven't taken one past 7500 but I can only imagine how fast it is based on my S1RR.

I understand anyone drag racing etc might want to add some horses but for the rest of us...there's plenty.
wattsy_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:05 AM   #18 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
That's what I'm thinking.. with all those add ons I just can't chew that the hp4 makes the same power as the RR
The engines are exactly the same between the std and hp4. With the addition of a better flowing exhaust on the hp4 it will show more hp on a Dyno over a std s1000 until you install a aftermarket exhaust on the std. model. You pay extra money for suspension , paint and wheels. Why do some people think it's a whole re designed model?..lol
bsinclair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsinclair View Post
The engines are exactly the same between the std and hp4. With the addition of a better flowing exhaust on the hp4 it will show more hp on a Dyno over a std s1000 until you install a aftermarket exhaust on the std. model. You pay extra money for suspension , paint and wheels. Why do some people think it's a whole re designed model?..lol
-----
Cam timing can definitely move power around and I for 1 will take more mid range. Thank you BMW!

From my experience on other bikes --LIGHT WEIGHT WHEELS - will make a huge difference all around.
Acceleration, braking, suspension.
Wheels will do more than an exhaust change.

Lucky for all us HP4 guys, BMW gave us both!

Wattsy Rules- u are killing me man with your seat of the pants review.
It's hard enough waiting for my bike to arrive without your comments!!!
Lol.
Twisted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #20 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted1 View Post
-----
Cam timing can definitely move power around and I for 1 will take more mid range. Thank you BMW!

where in the technical data does it show that they changed cam timing to increase tq.? i have read about every article on it and it states tq. was increased in the mid range but never says why. i would think the addition of the akkro exhaust caused this bump not cam timing. even though cam timing is quite retarded on the bike i doubt bmw changed it.
bsinclair is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement