It is really here!! Hp4 - Page 5 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Senior Member
 
9mmkungfu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 836
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbto View Post
Thinking about getting my wheels painted the comp blue!! Dealer quoted around $800. Need to shop around.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Shops local to me quoted $280 for metallic powder coating.
9mmkungfu is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Stang10189's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Margate Florida
Posts: 673
still waiting on the call from my dealer
Stang10189 is offline  
post #43 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 02:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Jimmyc.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Katy,Texas
Posts: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbto View Post
Thinking about getting my wheels painted the comp blue!! Dealer quoted around $800. Need to shop around.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Me too but I think powdercoating puts weight on the rims

-------------------------------
2013 BMW s1000rr HP4 (STD)
2009 Kawasaki zx6R-race bike
Jimmyc. is offline  
post #44 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 02:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 275
get a pair of tasty bst's.no amount of powdercoating comes close to these beauties
brinu is offline  
post #45 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Senior Member

 
M GmbH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DAYTON, OH
Posts: 912
The BST front wheel is going to be different on the HP4. The HP's rotors aren't going to work on the BST S1K fitment. The HP4 has a traditional front rotor design. I offered my bike to Brock's Performance (BST US importer) to get measurements for the HP4 when it comes in.
I would think if you have a complete front S1K BST w/s1k rotors it would mount up to the HP4. I hope to find out soon.
M GmbH is online now  
post #46 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Stang10189's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Margate Florida
Posts: 673
called my dealer to day, the computer still says est delivery date 11/18/12 and that its still on the boat. thats what it said 10 days ago. they said they just haven't update the info so the expect it any day now. i was ok with the wait because no one else had them, now that a dealer got there delivery I'm very impatient so thanks for posting this. my dealer is going to want to kill me because I'm going to be calling daily to see if theres any update info.

did they say when they can be picked up?
Stang10189 is offline  
post #47 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 05:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Jimmyc.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Katy,Texas
Posts: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang10189 View Post
called my dealer to day, the computer still says est delivery date 11/18/12 and that its still on the boat. thats what it said 10 days ago. they said they just haven't update the info so the expect it any day now. i was ok with the wait because no one else had them, now that a dealer got there delivery I'm very impatient so thanks for posting this. my dealer is going to want to kill me because I'm going to be calling daily to see if theres any update info.

did they say when they can be picked up?
My dealer here in Texas said they got them on the docks and I can possibly pick it up Friday and yes I can't wait

-------------------------------
2013 BMW s1000rr HP4 (STD)
2009 Kawasaki zx6R-race bike
Jimmyc. is offline  
post #48 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 05:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Jimmyc.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Katy,Texas
Posts: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmkungfu View Post
Shops local to me quoted $280 for metallic powder coating.
I'm going to paint mine but first I will try these and see how it looks
LIGHT BLUE Wheel Rim Tape GRADUATED Stripe fit ALL Makes of Motorcycle V4 | eBay

-------------------------------
2013 BMW s1000rr HP4 (STD)
2009 Kawasaki zx6R-race bike
Jimmyc. is offline  
post #49 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Senior Member
 
HULK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyc. View Post
I'm going to paint mine but first I will try these and see how it looks
LIGHT BLUE Wheel Rim Tape GRADUATED Stripe fit ALL Makes of Motorcycle V4 | eBay
You should find a blue that would match better. But yeah rim tape is a great option if you bought the STD. Also then no one would scorn you for having a "fake" competition model (like if you painted the wheels)
HULK is offline  
post #50 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 05:57 PM
Senior Member
 
9mmkungfu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 836
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyc. View Post
Me too but I think powdercoating puts weight on the rims
Hmm. Maybe I'll stick to paint then. Thanks for the info.
9mmkungfu is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome