HP4 Arriving 2wks! - Page 7 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW HP4 General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattsy_rules View Post
Anyone who thinks that the suspension set up for high level racing is kidding themselves. However, anyone who wants to do track days and then ride home and have suspension that will feel equally at home will be pleasantly surprised.

Anyone who wants to race, well, maybe the HP4 is not for you...Go buy a second hand S1RR. Replace the ECU, the suspension, the fairings, the tyres, the wiring loop, the rearsets etc etc etc etc etc etc.
I totally agree. I've done my share of racing. And riding a (suspension) race-tuned bike on the street will have you on the side of the road backing off settings within a few miles. My HP4 will be my street bike where I can make the most of the electronics. It's not to say I won't hit the dragstrip, a standing mile, or track days but my intention isn't to try and "win" anything on it. There are much cheaper and better ways to set up a bike for just the track. I learned a long time ago if you want to make a track bike - don't. Buy one with the stuff already on it and save yourself a ton of money.
I forget who posted it where but maybe in a few years this type of suspension will be the way of things. But I really doubt that will be the case here on the first year. Even club racing M-series cars ditch the electronic struts for coilovers because they are better suited for the track.
the head is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #62 (permalink)

So your thought is that the HP4 makes the bike more usable on the street but also a 9/10ths bike for a track day? I would agree that a race bike is a specialized weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Nyuscdjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement