HP4 Arriving 2wks! - Page 5 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW HP4 General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 12:01 AM   #41 (permalink)

Default HP4 On the Way to Northern California

[QUOTE=wattsy_rules;168559]I'm good friends with a few of the senior managers of motorad Australia. I got a call Saturday saying they were running in 3 HP4's that were going to be used for a media launch and did I want to come for a ride. I don't work for BMW in any form at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead View Post
How much do you guys end up spending on this bike down there?[/QUOTE]

The standard HP4 retails at $28k and the HP4 Comp for $32. The Comp version is about $10k more than an S1RR. To put it into perspective, a Panagale S sells for $36k in Aus.

Kismet...sorry mate but your bike is nothing like the HP4 even with the pipe and PCV. Without me dick waving telling you how many versions of S1RR's I've ridden, I'll refer to the conversation I had on the weekend with the guys from motorad. The HP4 has been independently developed by the German BMW superbike race team. They created the upgraded engine maps, TC, ABS and chassis improvement over a 3 year period for their race bikes. These were also in collaboration with the WSBK team.

As good as your bike may be, it's not an HP4. Btw, Glen Allerton (Google him) has bought one of these and every time I talk to him he's like a 10 yo a day before Christmas. Given Glen is the reigning Australian Superbike Champion, I listen to his opinion. One of the things he showed me was the engine braking settings the HP4 has. It has 7 settings which regulates the slipper clutch to allow engine braking. He tells me this is better than the bike he rode to win the ASBK.

I know you've done heaps of work to your bike but the HP4 has been developed as an independant superbike in the BMW range. I am told that they will not be building any more after the current batch have sold.
Hi Metalhead,
I read everything I could find on the HP4. Nowhere did I get the development information you just told us. Thank you. On ll/9 the dealer emailed me the Vin # and said 4 to 5 weeks. That calculates to December 7th - 14th. Since I just had my right hip replaced on Nov. 6th I it will probably get here before I can swing a leg over it and ride it home.
lockem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 02:42 AM   #42 (permalink)

[QUOTE=lockem;169427]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattsy_rules View Post
I'm good friends with a few of the senior managers of motorad Australia. I got a call Saturday saying they were running in 3 HP4's that were going to be used for a media launch and did I want to come for a ride. I don't work for BMW in any form at all.

Hi Metalhead,
I read everything I could find on the HP4. Nowhere did I get the development information you just told us. Thank you. On ll/9 the dealer emailed me the Vin # and said 4 to 5 weeks. That calculates to December 7th - 14th. Since I just had my right hip replaced on Nov. 6th I it will probably get here before I can swing a leg over it and ride it home.
Thank Wattsy....I think you got his info under my name!
metalhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #43 (permalink)

Twisted1, did you ever get an exact date on delivery? Mine didn't come in this week and the dealer said the bike entered the country on Wednesday the 21st, expecting delivery any day.
9mmkungfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #44 (permalink)

Waiting for my comp to come in and looking to add HP carbon hugger and chain guard, anyone got a hook up. Or know of any deals?

I already have the HP fender, want my baby all carbon
2013 HP4 Competition #0373-Sold
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmkungfu View Post
Twisted1, did you ever get an exact date on delivery? Mine didn't come in this week and the dealer said the bike entered the country on Wednesday the 21st, expecting delivery any day.
Wish I could say I have it... Not yet.
I'm now being told Dec 1, but if it shows up earlier they will give me a ring.

Oh well... I guess I can wait..... Until Dec 1!

When I get a firm date so I can plan my roadtrip ill post it up here.

Twisted1
Twisted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #46 (permalink)

My salesperson says he's getting 2 HP4's within a week or so, but that the one I ordered is NOT even in production yet.... What's up with that???????
noamkrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:59 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
Waiting for my comp to come in and looking to add HP carbon hugger and chain guard, anyone got a hook up. Or know of any deals?

I already have the HP fender, want my baby all carbon
the Ilmberger is excellent, as it combines the two into one nice piece. No idea why the Competition doesn't already come with a carbon hugger...
2000 Ducati ST4 (sold)
2010 S1000RR (sold)
2007 F800S (sold)
kismetcapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
the Ilmberger is excellent, as it combines the two into one nice piece. No idea why the Competition doesn't already come with a carbon hugger...
What about the 'closed engine spolier' as listed in the comp pack? Which particular item should i be looking at iimberger?
Trying to work out how much exactly it will cost me to turn my base to comp when it arrives lol
Thanks !

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Jskit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #49 (permalink)

If I have a BMW HP, I am definitely not putting another company's carbon on my baby, HP for me!

I could see on a s1krr but if your already paying out the ass for a HP, get HP parts
2013 HP4 Competition #0373-Sold
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #50 (permalink)

I asked my dealer for the full carbon lower & this what I got.
P/N: 77 33 8 532 375 HP Carbon Engine Spoiler,Long List $2504.86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jskit View Post
What about the 'closed engine spolier' as listed in the comp pack? Which particular item should i be looking at iimberger?
Trying to work out how much exactly it will cost me to turn my base to comp when it arrives lol
Thanks !

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Motorcycle.com Free App
M GmbH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement