I want an HP4 but all dealers are sold out. How do I get one? - Page 4 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW HP4 General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyc. View Post
Got any pictures of your r1
Sure jimmy.. I'll post later on a separate thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelnewmex View Post
It's been the opposite for me. I fall in lust with a bike and then find a 100 reasons why I shouldn't get it. My wife was the one who argued the other side, pulled the trigger and told me I deserved it. Part of the deal is the understanding that I wear the best protective gear I can afford.

Unfortunately lost her to cancer last year but I can't imagine planning to spend the rest of my life with someone who didn't appreciate me enough to want me to be happy. Or safe. Life is just too short, unpredictable and random to not go for what makes you happy.

.02 from an older survivor. On another note, can't understand why guys on the east and gulf coast, Canada are getting bikes but my dealer in Colorado says my bike won't be in until after the first of the year? WTF?

-Mike
Sorry for your loss.. life is merciless, all we can do is savor it all, good or bad
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #32 (permalink)

I currently have a 2010 s1 , 2012 s 1 and just collected my 2013 hp4 comp , all I can say is all the bikes are different in a whole myriad of ways, from the raw explosive power of the 2012, to the stiff throttle of the 2010 to the light flickability of the HP 4
If you can keep your 2012 , I would , they masterpieces of engineering history and you gotta love em all
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #33 (permalink)

michaelnewmex, also sorry for your loss, but it sounds like you know how to squeeze the most out of your relationships and life. Thumbs up to you!
Old 12-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
It's been the opposite for me. I fall in lust with a bike and then find a 100 reasons why I shouldn't get it. My wife was the one who argued the other side, pulled the trigger and told me I deserved it. Part of the deal is the understanding that I wear the best protective gear I can afford.

Unfortunately lost her to cancer last year but I can't imagine planning to spend the rest of my life with someone who didn't appreciate me enough to want me to be happy. Or safe. Life is just too short, unpredictable and random to not go for what makes you happy.

.02 from an older survivor. On another note, can't understand why guys on the east and gulf coast, Canada are getting bikes but my dealer in Colorado says my bike won't be in until after the first of the year? WTF?

-Mike
Sorry for your loss man. Good luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Old 12-16-2012, 01:01 AM   #35 (permalink)

the HP4 Competition here in Nashville was sold to someone in California.
2010 S1000RR (sold)
2007 F800S (sold)
kismetcapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #36 (permalink)

I just picked mine up in Austin Tx,lonestar Bmw.
I bought the first one they got in and they are expecting a comp next week that's not sold yet. Ask for Ben sales or Dean GM, they are good people . Also gave me a great trade in on my 2011

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
luker669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #37 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to fweberich

Honda of Hollywood has some coming.
fweberich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fweberich View Post
Honda of Hollywood has some coming.
Do you know if they are getting any comps?
Xdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:27 AM   #39 (permalink)

I think I know of a STD coming available.

HEED THIS: AGATT

" On a bike when you take direction/speed/angle into consideration on a second by second basis there is NO time to think. A decision has to made instantly! On the street for example add to that road conditions/inattentive drivers etc....etc... and the variables are just too many. Its got to be done by instinct or take a break. " - Sal R1
BavarianBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:31 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:

-Mike
So sorry to hear of your loss Mike. Condolences.

HEED THIS: AGATT

" On a bike when you take direction/speed/angle into consideration on a second by second basis there is NO time to think. A decision has to made instantly! On the street for example add to that road conditions/inattentive drivers etc....etc... and the variables are just too many. Its got to be done by instinct or take a break. " - Sal R1
BavarianBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement