BMW S1000RR Forum banner

S1000RR HP4

20K views 58 replies 34 participants last post by  Mr.Goose 
#1 ·
Super excited today, yesterday BMW Canada announced their prices for 2013. So today I called my local dealer and was told they were getting 4 HP4 competitions in and 3 were already sold. So, I had to do what any sane person would do, whipped out my credit card and got my name on the last one. I'm so excited and just wanted to share. :))

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

#52 ·
I need someone to clear up of few things for me dealing with the Hp4 if possible.

Question 1. Does the akra exhaust have a cat or not? I have heard yes it does and no it does not, so I am just trying to figure out the exhaust system setup.

Question 2. Can anyone tell me if the hp4 will be in need of pc5 or bazazz unit or is the stock ecu going to be enough to control air/fuel ratio without needing to add an aftermarket unit? Wondering because, most bikes need a fuel management unit after adding a full system.

Thanks to all for the responses.

#56 ·
no, the ECU is mapped for the full Akrapovic system. But it is also mapped to be emissions compliant and to work with the catalytic converter. To get the performance that an S1000RR w/full system and PCV, you'll need to replace the midpipe and do a custom PCV map - the fuel trims will be less, but you'll still have to add bits of fueling here and there.

#58 ·
This is the first bike I plan to buy and ride completely stock. I want the cat in the pipe, the Akrapovic looks very nice, light and has a cat! My cloths won't stink when I go for a ride. Plus I don't need warranty being cancelled from a pcV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.