HP4 vs Panigale S - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW HP4 General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default HP4 vs Panigale S

Cause soon or later you know someone will post this question, might as well ask now..what do you guys think? Since we don't know the price of HP4 so I guess we can't compare it value wise (Crossing my fingers base HP4 will be around $20k). If you guys are buying a new litre bike at the end of this year, which would you rather?
Scblacksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Even though I think the Panigale (S) is one of the sexiest bikes I've ever seen, I wouldn't take it over my "regular" S1000RR. I could toss my S1000RR right now and go get one, but not happening. That doesn't mean the Panigale isn't a great bike because it is. But when I add up all the things that float my boat, the S1000RR wins by just a tick. So if I were choosing between the Panigale and the HP4 it wouldn't even be a contest. But to each his own...

Last edited by GNice4U; 08-22-2012 at 06:57 PM.
GNice4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

HP4 hands down. I'm honestly just not a fan of Ducatis and the Panigale doesn't do it for me in any category, to include its looks. If given the choice between my S1000 and the Panigale, I'd still take my bike.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

I think the answers are going to be a little biased considering the audience, but I'll add to the mix and say the HP4. Just too many mechanical issues for the people that I know with Ducs.
flamingemu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

apples and oranges. although, that intangible vibe that makes Ducatis so special is somewhat diluted in the Panigale.
2000 Ducati ST4 (sold)
2010 S1000RR (sold)
2007 F800S (sold)
kismetcapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Garage

I wanna see some reviews of the HP4 and maybe even take a test ride.

But... I have faith that when the HP4 hits the road, the rest of the industry is going to have to start all over playing catch up.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Vidaeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

ill probably be burned at the cross for this question. But why pay more for a bike with the exact same motor as the S1KRR? Other than the bling factor?

Did the BMW Website comparison, and they are the same.
New Life Bible Church "Racing"
tanks95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanks95 View Post
ill probably be burned at the cross for this question. But why pay more for a bike with the exact same motor as the S1KRR? Other than the bling factor?

be prepared to get banned, taken away in your sleep and never heard from again. lol
c.rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanks95 View Post

Because of all the other stuff. I copied this from a write-up I found online...

it comes standard with an active, electrically-actuated Dynamic Damping Control, a torque-adjusting Launch Control system, and BMW claims its the lightest four-cylinder supersports bike in its class, with a dry weight of 169 kg (371.8 pounds) and 199kg (437.8 pounds) with a 90-percent full tank. Bits like the lightweight, forged wheels, titanium exhaust and lighter sprocket carrier and battery have helped shed the pounds.

The engine cranks out 193 horsepower and 82 foot-pounds, the same numbers as on the S 1000 RR. However, every bit of horsepower is available in all the traction control modes, torque response has been boosted from 6,000 rpm, and the torque delivery curve is smoother when the traction control is in Rain mode. Helping a rider keep it all under control are that Launch Control, a shift assistant for seamless gearchanges, an updated, four-mode Race ABS system, traction control that can be adjusted on the fly, and Brembo monoblock brake calipers.

So yeah, that's why
HULK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK View Post
Because of all the other stuff. I copied this from a write-up I found online...

it comes standard with an active, electrically-actuated Dynamic Damping Control, a torque-adjusting Launch Control system, and BMW claims its the lightest four-cylinder supersports bike in its class, with a dry weight of 169 kg (371.8 pounds) and 199kg (437.8 pounds) with a 90-percent full tank. Bits like the lightweight, forged wheels, titanium exhaust and lighter sprocket carrier and battery have helped shed the pounds.

The engine cranks out 193 horsepower and 82 foot-pounds, the same numbers as on the S 1000 RR. However, every bit of horsepower is available in all the traction control modes, torque response has been boosted from 6,000 rpm, and the torque delivery curve is smoother when the traction control is in Rain mode. Helping a rider keep it all under control are that Launch Control, a shift assistant for seamless gearchanges, an updated, four-mode Race ABS system, traction control that can be adjusted on the fly, and Brembo monoblock brake calipers.

So yeah, that's why
oh, okay.

Sounds like a good track toy, if only i could afford another pricey bike

However, most will probably end up with chrome wheels and never see the track.

To each his own.
New Life Bible Church "Racing"
tanks95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement