HP4 vs Panigale S - Page 7 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
Go Back   BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum > General BMW S1000RR Discussions > BMW HP4 General Discussion

» Insurance
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #61 (permalink)

Default Chassis

I also wanted to add that the s1000rr chassis is really rock solid and gives excellent feedback. (Only a Bimota DB-7 has a better chassis by way of feedback). That said, the BMW tells you what is happening underneath you. The 1199 not so much and is not really inspiring when pushing the front end a bit.

I LOVE MY BMW - will probably never sell it. I will experiment with DTC settings and upload the German IDM spec ECU mapping. I am also going to install a MWR air filter plate and foam element and see what that does.

I also like the size of the s1000rr, more bike to lock into.

George Villar

2013 BMW HP4 #555 (HP4 Superbuild)
2011 BMW S1000rr WSSK Racebike
2010 BMW S1000rr AMA Spec Racebike

http://www.alpha-bmw.com

https://www.facebook.com/alphabmw

https://www.facebook.com/george.villar
George Villar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #62 (permalink)

^^ Tell us how your experiments go.

Steve
2009 Suzuki GSX 650-F (Sold(First Bike)
SwaggerJacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #63 (permalink)

Garage

I know I have no place to talk when it comes to choosing either of the two. But, I will definitely go with the RR. I have sat on the Panigale and on the RR and loved the RR better. When it comes to looks, I also do perfer the RR and this is because it clearly looks like two different bikes down the middle with one side having the looks of a Shark. I like that BMW created a bike with such a look. For me having a bike on the street that is not the same as any other is a win. Being a new owner of the 2013 RR ( I haven't even taken the bike for a ride because it is winter in Alaska.) I feel sad and this is because I have heard so much amazing things about the HP4. From all the youtube videos and forum talks about this bike, I'm pretty much sold. I should have just waited and went for the HP4 instead of the 2013 RR. All in all, the RR over the Panigale anyday.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:54 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
I know I have no place to talk when it comes to choosing either of the two. But, I will definitely go with the RR. I have sat on the Panigale and on the RR and loved the RR better. When it comes to looks, I also do perfer the RR and this is because it clearly looks like two different bikes down the middle with one side having the looks of a Shark. I like that BMW created a bike with such a look. For me having a bike on the street that is not the same as any other is a win. Being a new owner of the 2013 RR ( I haven't even taken the bike for a ride because it is winter in Alaska.) I feel sad and this is because I have heard so much amazing things about the HP4. From all the youtube videos and forum talks about this bike, I'm pretty much sold. I should have just waited and went for the HP4 instead of the 2013 RR. All in all, the RR over the Panigale anyday.

metalhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:01 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:

If you haven't wridden the S1000RR yet - just take it back to the dealer and get your $$$ back and order an HP4. I don't see the big deal.
noamkrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:46 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead View Post
Don't kick yourself.....your 2013 RR will be a blast!!! Take it out on the hay flats and open her up and you will be in awe......trust me.
+100...Your S1000RR will be awesome to ride!!! Trust metalhead!!!

These things are fast, brake hard and handle like they're linked to your brain. Personally, I think you should do your apprenticeship/internship before moving on.

Keep looking forward to riding the S1RR and then ENJOY when you do!
wattsy_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:08 AM   #67 (permalink)

Garage

Thanks metalhead and wattsy_rules. I'm gonna stick with my 2013 RR and enjoy the ride. I look forward to feeling the power of the RR.
Blackice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #68 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by noamkrief View Post
If you haven't wridden the S1000RR yet - just take it back to the dealer and get your $$$ back and order an HP4. I don't see the big deal.
That thought occurred to me, but being new to the 1Liter Class, I think I would just stick to a regular model RR. I figure I should get to appreciate the bike for what it is before getting one that is truly above my class. Someday an HP4 if BMW is still producing them if not then another Brand New RR. I'm sure this machine is about to show me what it truly means to ride two wheels.
Blackice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
That thought occurred to me, but being new to the 1Liter Class, I think I would just stick to a regular model RR. I figure I should get to appreciate the bike for what it is before getting one that is truly above my class. Someday an HP4 if BMW is still producing them if not then another Brand New RR. I'm sure this machine is about to show me what it truly means to ride two wheels.
Don't sweat it.
You have an awesome ride!

In a few years all of us with HP4s will be riding old news.
You'll have the opportunity to get something even better than the HP4.
Twisted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:07 PM   #70 (permalink)

Talking

Quote:
AJ! You got a 13' RR mang! Im stoked that you got it. Wait till around Apr/May when we can start riding again. This machine has power on demand and she'll give you a rush like no other. Trust me I love my 11, and she's only gonna get better with updates
2006 Kawi ZX6R (my first love) sold
2010 Kawi BruteForce 750i sold
2011 BMW 328XI
2011 BMW S1K Yellow
-ZGravity corsa w/s, Yoshi sliders, RG mirror blk offs, GB case svrs, CRG lvrs, Andreani Group 30mm kit, XBK5 pads, Woodcraft spools, stompgrips, Attack rearsets, Ohlins damper, Renthal sprockets, DIDERV3 chain 520 Conv, Full race Akrapovic SS w carbon hanger, BrenTuned
jhockey18aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement