BMW S1000RR Forum banner

What would you like to see for 2014. HP4 improved?

13K views 34 replies 27 participants last post by  superhawk 
#1 ·
Well I'm just trying to see what everyone would like to see on a 2014 bike or what improvements you could think of for the HP4..

Trying to get a idea of what could be in the future. mainly because i had to pass up on a HP4 comp and im super bummed about it. so hopefully 2014 brings something badass.

I was thinking, ohlins DDC, more horsepower, different colors.

do you think the 2014 will still be numbered or will it be readily available.

#2 · (Edited)
They will be numbered. If it is an HP4, there will be no changes - the HP4 as it is now, is meant to be a production run that spans the 2013 to 2014 season. Final numbers have not been determined but someone at head office has to decide the balance of profit/demand vs. diluting their claims of exclusivity. If there are major changes, that would make it an HP5; and they have never released two HP bikes in close succession (i.e. there are usually a few model years in between). It is meant to be a limited production model. Just like the HP2, etc.

The above applies to all HP4's, with or without the Competition package. And to my knowledge, they did not make specific claims that the Competition package was an add on in a limited quantity...it is an option that any buyer could theoretically pre-order. However, without pre-order, the bias is 1/4 to 1/3 shipped with Comp. package to 2/3 to 3/4 without the Comp. package.
Total numbers will be in the ball-park of 2400 plus or minus - who knows?

The most expensive features of which are blue paint on the rims (approx. 1500 if done after-market by dealer) and very long carbon belly pan ($ 1700-2000 plus labour). Main differences are aesthetic - the motor, suspension, exhaust, wheel alloy/weight are identical.

#9 · (Edited)
Less weight, more power, linear rate springs on full Ohlins with updated DDC, latest gen Brembo Monoblocks with ONE piece pads not padlets, 1/4 turn throttle, full titanium Akrapovic with bypass pipe included, Even lighter wheels, 90 degree valve stems.....

I'll think of more....

#14 ·
HID lights all around, integrated brake light, shorter exhaust ( option ) your choice of color ( Any ) and since Bmw is the pioneer of so many gadgets on this bike might as well add in an option for a fully automatic tranny, still with the same 4 levels of the riding mode... Honestly tho the bike is a masterpiece we are all just nit picking now :cool:

#19 ·
Only 1 thing on the HP4:

Make OEM suspension spring options available for those of us that aren't the ideal weight immediately.

If the bike / DDC is popular enough, aftermarket manufacturers will clone / improve on the OEM options. But right now, I'm looking at a $27k bike most people are afraid to touch

#26 ·
In all honesty - as most of us already know - Nothing will be changed in the production run. well may be the screens will keep getting changed :)

But BMW will keep coming up with upgrades as HP parts for us to keep spending money on :(

#27 ·
YEP-The HP4 is a limited edition motorcycle. BMW will build 2500-4200 units (depending on demand) in standard or competition form. Then, that's it. It's not a model line that will continue and change year to year. If there's something that you don't like (springs, quick shifter, brakes, headlights) you will have to modify it yourself. I would have thought most people knew this when they ordered one.

#29 · (Edited)
Things I would like the false neutral problem fix ,is been a problem on the s1000rr since 2010,I would like it to have real race ohlins suspension,full unrestricted power,factory laptimer included with full race arrow titanium exhaust and this color would be bad ass

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.