BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Fuse box, Battery tender, powered tail bag

13K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  FrankoQ 
#1 · (Edited)
Happy veterans day! Good day to get this project done.
I wanted to install a fuse box to power a GPS, a USB cable for the tail bag, and have room to add more items such as my V1.

the before:

After:

Per many requests, this is the wiring diagram for the fuse box.
what you need is:
Fuse box (the diagram says Blue Sea. but that was for my VFR. The blue sea is too big for the space under the seat)
A 30Amp relay
get 2 spools of 25ft of wire
red is positive
black is negative
switched power = tap into the tail light. That way, the fuse box will only have power when you turn the key.
Hope this helps!

Garmin Power cable from fuse box to GPS unit:

The cycle guys tail bag now with power:

And now with winter coming... Battery tender terminal ready:

See less See more
#5 ·
when I wired in my Autotune module, I pulled the wire for the license plate bulb, snipped that off and then had ignition-switched positive and negative leads. That bulb isn't monitored by CANBUS btw so it's no big deal (other than legal) to not have it or to use it for something else.

what I don't know however is how many amps you can pull from that power source. Fixing up leads from the battery is easy, but you would have to put in a relay somewhere so that the fusebox as pictured above shuts off when you turn off the bike.

#6 ·
i'm about to order the same fuse box and the small box to the right looks like the relay from going by the shots of it on amazon. correct me if i'm wrong Frank

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.