BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Holidays coming... I want...

6K views 33 replies 25 participants last post by  nik08 
#1 ·
The holidays are fast approaching. What's on your wish list for your bike?

I want santa to bring me:
- Akra slip on
- CF panels
- Rizoma brake fluid tank
:D
how about u?

#10 ·
-ohlins 30mm front cartridge kit
-kyle 28mm offset triple
-CL XBK5 pads
-tires, tires, tires

#12 ·
Nice one. I second that.
I just bought some cold weather protection just to ride in winter.
The Bike is that good!
every time I see it in the garage, it says: "Ride me" :eek:

#13 ·
I got me the New Ohlins Forks and Shock. Hope I get the Ohlins damper as a gift. I wish I get more time to ride next year. I really do too!

#17 ·
Ohlins suspension front and rear and more riding next season!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#20 ·
Unfortunately, winter kills all my activities and I sit idly by. . .which is no good for the pocket book. . .:mad:

Already received. . .
Akra full system
PCV
Sato rearsets
Arai Haga Monza white
Rear stand (wife thinks I'm crazy when I go into the garage to practice body positioning on a stationary bike). . .

On order and waiting to receive:
Full set of track plastics (at the painters as we speak)
Custom set of Pilot leathers

This week: Talking to Dan K to decide if I should go with the 30mm or 25mm Ohlins fork (definitely getting one and the shock)- getting the auto tune and the ZG windshield (either Corsa or DB). . .

Brother and I are deciding by Jan whether we're going back to VIR for Keith Code or if we're doing it at NJMP. . .

Should be done then. . .God I hope so. . .

#23 ·
I dont want much:

10ea - GPA 211 190/55 (rear) Med+ compound
5ea - GP 211 200/55 (rear) Soft Compound
5ea - GPA 211 - 120/70 (fronts) Med+ Compound
2 sets - Dunlop racing wets

That's it. I can take care of the rest.

PM for mailing adddress :)

#30 ·
I had the 2010 and got rid of it after 6 months. I'm 6'3 and the riding position was way more uncomfortable than the sk1 because of the sprawl and stretch for my arms. I have long arms and although it has riser type bars, I felt like it was very awkward. The sprawl was long and the leg position short. I had the dct and wide open in sport mode with no shifts was fun! I don't know how the hell anyone shorter rides that thing!

#32 ·
For a sports tourer, its the best on the market in my opinion. get the 2012 though because there was a huge power dip in 1st and 2cnd gear on the 2010. I saw the blue 12 in person and pictures don't do it justice. It really is the Bentley of motorcycles....so refined. I cannot begin to tell you how much I loved that dct. If anyone put that on a sportbike I'd be all over it. The trigger shifting is the best! There is nothing like full auto blasting through the gears also in sport mode. It is a heavy bike compared to our sk1 and you feel it in the turns but its not horrible. The shaft drive was great too and you'd think there was a chain the way it performed and no messy hassle :). Suspension is very Cush and eats up rough roads. I'm sure you could do more to fix the ergos and I had a DAM exhaust thick shorty on mine...it's the only aftermarket can that flows with that bikes unique lines. That thing could eat up miles like its nobody's business. It hits the quarter mile at like 145mph but the times were in the 10-11 range because of the power dip in the first two gears and the fact that on the dct, you have no control on where the revs are for a launch. All in all, pretty cool bike, I just wanted something lighter, more flickable and evil looking ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.