BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Major Throttle and Vibration Improvement From Plate Change from Gixxerconvert

4K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  varunrajg 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I purchased the plate to reduce the throttle spring tension from Gixxerconvert and put it on my 2010.

What a MAJOR improvement to the bike!!!!!!!

I know this sounds like I am over selling a simple modification but I was shocked at how much better and easier it made the bike to ride for long distances.

I went for about a 250 mile ride and it obviously reduced the throttle tension but it also significantly reduced the vibration since I didnt have to hold the throttle with a death grip.

It took about a week from the time Gixxerconvert shipped it to me before it arrived to SoCal and then it took about 2 hours from start to finish to install it.

On a side note, everytime I take something apart on this bike I am amazed at the German engineering and desgin that has been built into this bike!

I highly recommend the mod to reduce the throttle tension and I wouldnt hesitate to pick up the plate from Gixxerconvert if you dont have time to build one yourself.

Greg

See less See more
#7 ·
gixxerconvert throttle mod

Gixxerconvert is a fellow member of this forum. He made this plate/bracket to help with the throttle spring tension. Just search for throttle spring in this same forum, and it should return his posts with pictures from him.

I also bought this plate from him. Send him a PM and he will help you out.
I have'nt installed it yet, but people who have used it gave rave reviews.

#12 ·
+1 I bought the bracket of gixxerconvert as well.
Also great on the track. Makes being steady with the throttle and the on off transitioning quite a bit easier.

#14 ·
I received the brackets today and installed one on my bike. Great craftsmanship and everything went together like a dream. Throttle throw is MUCH lighter now. I will have to re-learn how to ride the bike, especially in Slick mode.

My next ride will be on the track this weekend so here is to hoping this helps me get to WOT sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.