BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Alternate No Cut Slider for '12

7K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  the_gooch 
#1 ·
I have on order a set of Gilles no cut/no drill frame sliders for my '12. After seeing the R&G no mod sliders in person I couldn't get over the look. Found these Gilles ones and thought I would let anyone else with a 2012 know what was out there in addition to the other no cut no drills.

Bought them from Shift-Tech.com.

See less See more
#4 ·
I found these from Slingshot Racing and am going to purchase them. The only other choice for me was MotovationUSA. Roland has some of the best stuff.

But in the end, I went with something that wasn't advertising for free.

Attachments

#8 ·
I will post pictures when I get them installed. Should have them in hand Wednesday.

I am not affiliated with Shift-tech. I found them by searching this site for Gilles for the guy bitchin about free adverts. (WTF is with people these days).

And for those that are not familiar with Gilles tooling, their stuff is top notch. They make all the HP rearsets and levers for BMW.

#10 ·
I too am in the market for some sliders for my '12. I was looking into the ac schnitzer ones but I believe they require cuting for the 2012's. The sato's will probably be my choice even though none of them are really "catching" my eye. Thanks for this, those don't look too bad.

#15 ·
Prefer the Gilles over units that put the right side slider ahead of the mounting bolt. These act as a lever when impacted and will be more likely to rip out the bolt.

The Gilles use a platform against the frame positioned to the rear of the frame bolt. This platform is pressed against the frame rail and does not act as a lever on impact. Much better design.

#18 · (Edited)
#21 ·
I can not see the use in paying $200 + for frame sliders as they are there to protect the bike from crash or drop. When they are just going to be destroyed with the fall. I have always just got the cheapest ones that will do the job. They are not there to look nice. $18 will do the job just as well. My 2c
I agree with you. Except for the fact that we're talking about no-cuts for the 2012. The ones you linked are for 10'-11' only.

#24 ·
As for the no cuts

I posted about this. Again I had a friend at shogun frame sliders make me a set. It goes thru the 2nd fin on the right side instead of the 1st like everyone else's. If you see the post I have pictures of my bike on there with them. Also you can see em at moto911.com

#27 ·
The problem with the other no-cuts for the '12 is that they come out the first "fin" on the right side. The Gilles utilize the middle fin hole which means it is using the frame cross member as support for the slider bracket from behind.

Utilizing the frame cross member rail for support minimizes the chance of the bracket just snapping off like the other no-cuts available. Better design IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.