BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Oke please help? Have build our own 2012 BMW SBK

5K views 25 replies 5 participants last post by  BMWMPower 
#1 ·
We have build a BMW S1000RR 2012 from scratch with all used parts all over. ECU is a HP Race Kit. And we are now on a point where we have been running our first Dyno....

But..... all went well... oeee a lean mixture. The fuel pressure (on injector lowest rail) sensor gives back 1.88 bar.... that must be to low!!!

So found out it is a 2011 sensor! Now we want to place a 2014 rail (and sensor) tomorrow... als we are not sure if the TPS sensors are from 2012... how can we test this???

What do you think all?? Some ideas??

Thanks in advance!!

#3 · (Edited)
#6 ·
Well go ahead and share it.

Not much of interest? There have been 144 people that had interest in a day and a half since you posted it, unfortunately we all seemed not to have anything to offer in the form of useful information.

Sharing is caring, glad you were able to find a solution.

#7 ·
Oke. Thats one way to look at it. We have been building a S1000RR with parts from all over the world. It seems that parts from other countries could act different. Maybe because emission rules are different. We have been ordering TPS sensors (must be recieved) and I do not know it will fit our 2012 ECU (HP Race Kit). On the dyno we now have a good fuel pressure (3,5-5,3 bar) after replacing the fuel sensor (bottom injector rail) with a 2012-2014.

We always want to share stuff.. so just ask.

#11 ·
Oke update: After checking the partnumbers between USA and EUR there are no differences. But! The partnumbers between the 01 part (picture) from 2011 and 2012 are really different. The TPS seems not to be the problem. Can not wait to receive our new part (2012) [01] to test... will keep updating this post

Attachments

#12 ·
Oke last update. We have fixed the problem! You cannot imagine that the temp sensor (on air intake) is the same plug as from an injector. And the TPS/Gasvalve housing are from the right partnumbers so these are good. But injector on cylinder 1 did not work! And that because the plug is changed with the temp plug! After setting it back the bike went off like crazy!! BAM!

But now some other crazy fault. The bike is giving back (in the display) that the DTC is offline. But the GS-911 never shows fault codes, concerning DTC (or wheelspeedsensors/angle sensors). And in the data (2D) we see the DTC working????

What's going on here??? Can I ask this in this thread?

#13 ·
Update:
Oke checked all the wiring (for as far we can tell) and all the functions seem to work. And by placing an ABS plug from Alpha the ABS is flickering and goes "off" when turning the wheels. But the DTC keeps "on"..... also the SLICKMODE sensor removed, but no effort. Now we are thinking about the ABS plug from Alpha (came from 2011 motorcycles).... pfffft searching searching. In the ECU it is working. The display gives back (with GS-911) an 13449 error (Faulty CAN-bus display thingy)....

#14 ·
Do you know what year the display is from? Is it the same year as the left switchgear on the handlebar? There have been many wiring changes. And I would remove the Alpha plug then go one step at a time.
I know what you mean about the injector wiring harness, 5 connectors all the same it's easy to make a mistake.

#15 ·
The display seems to be 2011. We also placed a 2012. Same behaviour. The switchgear on the handlebar is just a button. No logic. So switch is on or off. Too bad can not sniff the CANBus messages. Sensors all work in the ECU (collected with the 2D Data solution). Even the DTC works in the ECU. But not on the display...and button is not working.

Very anoying.....because you cannot see if the DTC is on or off.

#16 ·
Oke the GS-911 gives: 37779: CAN-Bus: Communication of DTC display faulty... can I capture the CAN-Bus messages? Where can I connect my CAN sniffer? Do you all think this is usefull?

The partnumbers from 2010/2011 is 62117721877 [This is ours!]
Till 2013: 62118533697
FFrom 2013: 62118535428

#18 ·
Yes thats a thought and always is an option. But for learning purposes I first want to take a look at the CAN. I am trying to measure the resistance off the bus first. The impendance. I have to find a place to connect. The OBD is only K-Line.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G928F met Tapatalk

#21 ·
Problem solved with the display. The display was an 2010/2011 and the CAN gave an error which made us buy a 2012 display. After resetting the button works for ABS/DTC and the light on the display responds.

The CANBus is very interresting for me so I will spend some more time on this. Maybe someone has the TC+/- messages zo we make this functionality our self ;-)

#23 ·
Placing the new display solved the CAN error (faulty DTC error) and button worked instantly. With a CAN monitor a have been monitoring. It looked like the button always worked, but the display could not handle the CAN message.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G928F met Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.